Saturday 13 September 2014

Decision made!

After watching the Apple Keynote this week I have to confess that it all had my mouth watering! After a year away from the iPhone and finding out that the roses in the garden of Android smells a little bit farty I decided the time has come to return to the world of Apple!

Despite the problems O2 had with their website I've preordered the 64Gb iPhone 6 to collect next Friday and cannot wait!

Now that the deed is done I've been thinking about what it is about the Note 3 and the Android experience it has provided!

Firstly the wireless chip in the Note 3 is awful, I regularly lose wireless connection in both our kitchen and bathroom even though our router is in the next room! Other handsets have no problem at all so it can't be the signal strength from the router.

I get the impression that Samsung are spending too much time trying to cram as many flashy features and wizardry into their phone and OS and in doing that they've neglected the basics! Apps shouldn't regularly crash, the signal strength should allow calls to be made in more places than not - I could go on!

The concept of the s-pen is great however to me its not something I like using. The apps which use it aren't the greatest so I spend more time typing or dictating rather than write it out then watch while it tries to translate my scrawled handwriting because it's quicker!

I think I've mentioned it in another blog but I think taking stock Android, then adding Touch whiz then adding apps, widgets, themes, launchers, icon packs is all very lovely but it really make it feel like a very fragmented experience and takes away the togetherness and seamless experience I imagine you get from stock Android on a Nexus phone for example! Yes Android rolls out features first and yes Apple adopt them later but for me that helps Apple get them right!

So no doubt there are a loaf more things and reasons but I've made my decision and am very pleased I have! Next Friday can't come soon enough!

No comments: