Saturday 30 August 2014

More thoughts

Since my last blog I've been thinking a bit more about what I do and don't like about Android. One of the things which I'm finding more about Android is that it feels fragmented. Instead of the overall feel of it being the 'Android Experience' it feels more like a series of apps or interactions which are all made by different people and then thrown into a central melting pot and given the Android touch. One great thing is that they all do seem to interact with each other and the number of different options you are presented with when pressing Share is fantastic - although some of the options seem a bit strange.

This fragmented feeling may be caused by the fact that the experience I'm having isn't the stock Android one - it's the Samsung Touchwhiz version and I am yet to be convinced that this is a good thing. I've never tried the HTC version Sense 5 but I get the impression this is probably similar.

No comments: