Tuesday 19 March 2013

Photos and the HTC / Samsung debate

So then, since my last rambling about the Galaxy S4 my normal stupid amount of research by article reading and YouTube clip watching has been taking place to help me make up my mind which I prefer! For me the biggest clincher in the competition is the quality of the photos it produces! As neither phone is out there in the hands of the public it's hard to see for myself what the exact quality of the photos is like, however from looking at some sample photos on the Engaget website to me there looks to be some things about the HTC which I didn't expect.

HTC One Samples - http://www.engadget.com/gallery/htc-one-sample-shots/

I fully expected the HTC One images to be impressive however from the ones I've seen the photos from the HTC were a bit disappointing and uninspiring! They seemed a bit over processed, a little fuzzy and lacking in contrast whereas the ones from other seem sharp and have good contrast. I think what HTC is trying to do the the megapixels issue is applaudable however after seeing the sample images I was not impressed!

All of which didn't help my decision making process as I was starting to warm towards the HTC One! Back to the drawing board!!!

No comments: